MSI Afterburner is the ultimate tool that helps you overclock or stress-test your graphic card. It’s one of the most popular tools among developers and gamers. The interface of the software gives a quite aggressive and fancy look with a dark appearance and a combination of black and green in color. The default skin is labeled as “Default MSI Afterburner v2 skin”.
So, if you’re one who loves to tweak and play around with things by making customizations and all, then this article is for you. Because in this article, you will get to explore how to change Afterburner skin, and moreover you will get to know how to download and install third-party skins in MSI Afterburner. So, let’s get started.
Table of Contents
Instructions to Change Skins in MSI Afterburner
Below are the steps which you can follow to change skin in Afterburner.
1. Open ‘MSI Afterburner‘.
2. Click on the Settings icon.
3. Select the ‘User interface‘ tab from the top.
4. Under the ‘User Interface Skinning Properties‘, you’ll see a drop-down list of skins along with a preview and customization settings (which include skin composition mode, transparency, and scaling of the selected skin).
5. Now, select the skin for MSI Afterburner, and just hit the ‘Done‘ button.
How to download and install third-party skins in MSI Afterburner?
So, above we demonstrated to you how to change default MSI Afterburner skin. But in case, if you’re not satisfied with the in-built collection of skins that the afterburner comes with, then you can follow the steps given below to download and install third-party skins in MSI Afterburner.
2. Once the file is downloaded, move it from the ‘Downloads‘ folder to the location given below:
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI Afterburner\Skins
3. Now, navigate to MSI Afterburner > Settings > User Interface > User Interface Skinning Properties and select the skin that you just installed.
4. And finally hit ‘Done‘ to apply changes.
That’s it. So, this was all about installing a third-party skin. Just in case, if you would like to remove any in-built or third-party installed skin, then just delete the file of the skin from the same directory where all skin files are placed.
In case of any question or query, feel free to drop us a comment below.